More and more people are opting for a tankless water heater leaving the traditional tank water heater behind. But what makes a tankless water heater different from a tank water heater? In today’s time and age, people are trying to save as much energy and money anytime they have a chance to and tankless water heaters have made it easier for consumers to get hot water without wasting energy. Nortiz, one of the top manufacturers of tankless water heater claims that a tankless water heater can save up to 40% of energy bill each year.
How does a tankless water heater save energy?
Advantages of Tankless Water Heater:
1. Unlimited Hot Water Supply: One of the greatest benefits of going tankless is that your home will never run out of hot water. The way tankless water heaters work, your family gets hot water on demand, heating it as per your convenience.
2. Saves Water: Unlike traditional water heaters, a tankless water heater doesn’t store hot water in a tank which means water is never wasted whereas in a usual water heater, undesired hot water is wasted.
3. Durable: It is estimated that a traditional tank water heater lasts upto 10-13 years and less reliable but a tankless water heater such as Rinnai properly functions for about 20 years.
4. Saves Space: Tankless water heaters come in all sizes and shapes and can be placed anywhere in the house as per the customer’s convenience. They are perfectly fit to be hung on the wall indoors and outdoors.
5. Fits Your Need: Unlike tank water heater that heats water and stores it in the tank, tankless water heater heats water as per your convenience and gives you the option to set the temperature as per your need to avoid burning from extremely hot water.
6. Gives You Clean Water Since a tankless water heater heats water on demand; it cleans itself and avoids rusting.
All in all, with a tankless water heater at home you get endless supply of hot water for various tasks like showers, laundry, doing the dishes etc.